I hit a few snags with the Spring 2017 Pusheen Box, but I finally received it about a week ago!
As always, it arrived shrink-wrapped in protective plastic, which kept the cute Bunny Pusheen cardboard box clean, perfect for future gift use:
Look at the cute puffball bunny tail:
And here it is, freshly opened:
Here’s what was inside:
(1) Bunny Pusheen vinyl figure (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – super cute, and no problems with the paint/print job on this one. Too bad it didn’t arrive before Easter!
(2) Pusheen Wireless Speaker – I assume this is a Pusheen Box Exclusive, too, though it doesn’t say so on the box. It’s a cute (but cheap), hard-plastic Bluetooth wireless speaker shaped like Pusheen, with a handy grab strap for toting her along. It comes with a short USB/micro-USB charging cable and no wall-socket adapter.
It works and is about the level of quality I’d expect for it being one of 10 items in a roughly $40 box, but unfortunately, that means it’s not a particularly well-designed speaker. A red light comes on to tell you when it’s being charged, but it never tells you it’s done charging. The speaker was easy enough to pair with a Bluetooth device, but the sound quality isn’t great (as expected for a small, cheap speaker), and a bright blue light flashes annoyingly the entire time it’s in use. I also discovered that the battery drains out really quickly when it’s not in use. (I’d charged it for maybe 8 hours before using it, played some music for a few minutes just to test it out, and turned it off. A couple days later, the battery was completely dead. Not great.)
That being said, it’s a very cute little speaker, reasonably sturdy, and very lightweight. I’ll probably give it to ‘Fiend Jr. to play with when she’s a little older. 🙂
(3) Pusheen Selfie Stick (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – lightweight and compact with an aluminum telescoping arm, spring-loaded plastic phone mount decorated with a molded soft-plastic Pusheen peeking over the top, and a foam-wrapped grip with a camera button.
Very cute. Sadly, it didn’t work at all with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone (the camera button tried to zoom instead of taking a photo) and worked only inconsistently with my sister’s iPhone 6. I’ve never used a selfie stick before this, so I don’t know if that’s typical of selfie sticks, but I’ll try it again when I upgrade my phone later.
(4) Pusheen Party Balloons (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – includes 12 latex balloons in gray, aqua, and pink, all printed with Pusheen’s face in puff paint. I gave these out as party favors at Fiend Jr.’s birthday party.
(5) Party Pusheen t-shirt (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – these shirts come in unisex sizes only, so it’s a boxier cut. I typically wear women’s small or medium, and this shirt was sadly too big and wholly unflattering on me. I’ll probably save it for altering into a tank top or wearing as pajamas.
(6) Pusheen Bento Lunch Box (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – I’d suggested this very item in one of Pusheen Box’s customer surveys a few months back and was so stoked to receive this! Sadly, mine arrived broken, and when I contacted customer support, they told me they were all out of replacements and could only offer me a $5 refund. Ugh, so much bad luck with this box.
But, I hate seeing things go to waste, so I’m planning to drill a hole in that little nubbin of plastic and replace that flimsy plastic with a better, metal hinge. I’ll fix it somehow. Take that, broken bento box!
Anyway, BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and microwave safe. Purportedly, anyway. 🙂
(7) Pusheen Bottle Opener (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – metal, encased in a soft-plastic Pusheen shell, with a handy magnetic back. Nice touch.
(8) Pusheen Reusable Utensils (Pusheen Box Exclusive) – somewhat smaller than standard utensils, as you can see in comparison to the pen, and only about the same sturdiness as better disposable utensils, so I’d probably want to be careful with these. Wish they came with a case or pouch! Dishwasher safe.
(9) Pusheen Photo Booth Props – various cute paper cutouts (macarons, a slice of cake, Bunny Pusheen ears, playing cards, etc.), plus a sheet of adhesive dots and sticks for assembling into photo-booth props. I can see these being great as wall decorations, too!
(10) Pusheen Pennant Banner – a string of six aqua, pink, yellow, and gray cardboard pennants printed with Pusheen’s face, sewn on a white ribbon for hanging.
I would’ve taken better photos of the contents of these two items, but I wanted to keep them protected in their original packaging as possible decorations for ‘Fiend Jr.’s birthday next year. 🙂
And, that’s it for the Spring 2017 box! The bento box was my favorite this time, and I’m sad it arrived broken, but hopefully I can make it functional again. I’m still enjoying the Pusheen Box, but I’ve received defective items on a several occasions now, so I might not renew after this year. I guess we’ll see how I feel at the end of the year.