Quick unboxing post for my customized Julep November 2016 Maven box!
Brown paper crinkles, pearly white tissue paper, and my selections for this month, all new products introduced for November:
- Eyeshadow 101 in Burgundy Shimmer ($18 regular, $14.40 Maven), a lovely warm berry/wine shimmer,
- Eyeshadow 101 in Evergreen Shimmer ($18 regular, $14.40 Maven), a cool-leaning deep green shimmer, and
- Mercedes nail polish ($14 regular, $11.20 Maven) which Julep describes as “Canyon Rose Metallic” but looks more like a cocoa with gold shimmer to me.
I haven’t tried the eyeshadows yet, but I liked the previous one I got in Orchid Shimmer, and I liked the product photos of these colors. I’ll probably post an update when I have a chance to give them a go.
I thought Mercedes would be rosier from the product shots, but I love how reminiscent the actual polish is of cinnamon and other autumn spices. Definitely wearing this one once my current gel manicure gives out!
Also included in this box:
- Collection intro card with this month’s quote: “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
- Freebie of the month, a gold foil-wrapped milk-chocolate marble, and
- Promo code card (free polish with a $10+ purchase at Julep.com, use FREENOVEMBER) with candy ingredient list on the back.
Looking forward to trying these colors out!