A bit late on this one; I actually received this box well in advance of Halloween, so it was pretty timely, even if this post is not. 🙂
This quarter’s box was Bat Pusheen-themed!
More views of the box:
The innards were well packed, too:
The description card for this box is a thinner, semi-matte finish instead of the heavy glossy cardstock of past cards, but that’s okay with me. There were nine items total:
(1) The Bat Pusheen vinyl figure is a Pusheen Box exclusive and is pretty good quality, like the figures from the two past boxes I received.
The print on this one is crisp and better than the print on Baker Pusheen and Mermaid Pusheen. No leaky bits or smudges on this one. I was hoping they used glow-in-the-dark plastic, but no. (Nuts!)
The only issue I had with it is that the bottom’s a bit too rounded, so the figure doesn’t stand easily without sometimes significant fiddling. Overall a good quality figure, though, and ‘Fiend Jr., of course, loves her!
(2) The Pusheen The Cat Pumpkin Scented Air Freshener (1 pc) is another Pusheen Box exclusive and looks like a typical die-cut paperboard car air freshener with a hanging loop, featuring Pusheen popping out of a Jack-o’-lantern. It smells like artificial pumpkin pie scent and is pretty heavily scented, so everything in the box smelled like it. As of the time of this writing, it’s still going strong, and it’s been over two weeks since I received the box.
(3) & (4) The Pusheen pen and Pusheen holographic notebook (Pusheen Box exclusive) are pretty adorable. The pen is retractable but doesn’t look refillable, sadly. The little rubbery plastic or silicone charm can be removed and used elsewhere, though. The notebook pages are mediocre ruled paper but should do the job if you’re not using an inky pen. No idea if the paper is acid free or anything like that. The print on the cover is a teensy bit blurry, but you’ll only notice if you look at it up close.
(5) The Pusheen Sticky Notes are another Pusheen Box exclusive. It doesn’t say how many sheets you get, but the pad is about 1.5 cm thick.
(6) The three Pusheen Silicone Coasters (Pusheen Box exclusive) are a bit smaller than a typical coaster (mostly because of their irregular shapes) and may not be wide enough except for narrower-based cups and glasses, but man, are they cute. They’re embossed at the lines and have a bit of a raised edge for catching condensation. These were ‘Fiend Jr.’s favorite! She likes to play with them at mealtime, and they’re really easy to clean.
FYI, the front of the purple coaster had some print transfer from the back one of the other coasters it’d been resting against, but it wasn’t too bad. It does make me a bit concerned about print transfer onto other surfaces, though.
(7) The Pusheen Costume Set (Pusheen Box exclusive) is surprisingly decent quality and includes two ear clips (alligator style) and a clip-on striped tail in fuzzy velour. The size seems to work for both children and adults. 🙂
(8) The Pusheen printed pullover (Pusheen Box exclusive) is a medium-weight 60% cotton and 40% polyester in a heathered gray. The inside surface is looped like terry cloth. It’s probably a unisex cut, so compared to a typical woman’s top in approximately the same size, the shoulders are a bit broad and the sleeves a bit long, and the hip area is proportionately cut slim, which makes the top fit a bit awkwardly on me, but it’d be fine for lazy at-home wear.
The print is pretty crisp and the new material feels a bit stiff, probably from the print. Hopefully it holds up and softens well in the wash! I would’ve loved this as a super loose, slouchy top, but I guess that wouldn’t be as wearable for guy subscribers. Might be slouchier for a girl with a straighter figure, too. 🙂
(9) And, finally, my favorite item, the Pusheen Tea Cup & Saucer in an apples and pie theme! SO CUTE. The cup holds 6 oz., and the set is hand wash only and not microwave safe. Sadly, my saucer arrived with a defect, as you can see in the photo (the weird ink smear). I contacted the Pusheen Box customer support, and they said they’d ship me a replacement, which I’m currently waiting on.
All in all, another great box. I loved the Halloween theme!