My August 2016 Julep Maven customized box arrived a bit early this month (yesterday) because Julep apparently hit a bit of a snag with the production of their No Excuses Invisible Sunscreen Gel and had to give us a rain check on that. Last I spoke to their customer service, there was no ETA on the sunscreen yet, so to make up for it, they gave us free expedited shipping for everything else in our boxes. I’m totally cool with that.
Hot-pink tissue paper, blurple paper crinkles, and:
- A quote card with a product photo and the Endless Summer theme text on one side and this month’s quote from American poet and Blue Mountain Arts co-founder Susan Polis Schutz on the other: “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…”
- 20% off coupon for Julep at Ulta Beauty – an actual physical store coupon this time, to celebrate Julep’s launch at Ulta. No promo code this month, folks, sorry!
- Julep Fan Brush, an all-synthetic soft fan brush for my arsenal,
- Eliza, “[i]nfinite ocean holographic,”
- Pam, “[t]igerlily holographic,”
- Ellis, “[p]ink dawn linear liquid holographic,”
- Alysha, “[v]ivid pansy holographic,” and
- Lemonhead lemon candy, this month’s freebie
Eliza, Ellis, and Alysha were an add-on nail polish trio (Sunshine Sparkle, which totally sounds like a My Little Pony name). Eliza and Alysha are both new colors for this month and have really promising rainbows in the bottle! Pam looks a bit more frosty and subdued than those two, which I wasn’t expecting. Ellis is an older polish from September 2015 and doesn’t have the bright rainbows of Eliza and Alysha but should still be a holo. We shall see!
And because finding dupes in my existing collection is always half the fun, here’s Ellis next to L’Oreal Masked Affair:
It doesn’t look like Ellis has the linearity of Masked Affair, but it could still be worth doing a face-off! 🙂
I’ll do more photos of the fan brush for Part 2. To be continued when No Excuses comes in!
UPDATE 8/21/16: This was originally going to be half of a two-part post, but Julep’s since contacted Mavens who ordered No Excuses and let us know that it’s been delayed indefinitely due to unforeseen circumstances, so they gave us each a $50 code to spend on their website instead. I’m happy enough with that. 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains one or more referral links. I don’t expect you to use my referral links unless you want to, of course, and they don’t affect me giving my honest opinion. Referrals go toward products reviewed on this site – thanks!