My Julep Maven May 2016 Maven box arrived this past Tuesday – only it arrived in a suspiciously small box. I was pretty sure not everything I ordered could have fit in it.
Here’s what was inside:
Baby-blue glittery tissue paper, indigo paper crinkles, and:
- Collection description and quote card with a lovely photo of the bright new nail polish colors this month and an introduction to this month’s new product, Your Lip Addiction tinted lip oil. The month’s quote is from Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr: “Sunshine is good for the soul, but I always make sure I wear a big hat.” (Me, too, sister.)
- Julep Your Lip Addiction tinted lip oil treatment in Crave – it’s orange, dude. Pretty excited to try this out.
- Pepper, a new nail color described as a “[c]ornflower multidimensional shimmer.”
- Promo code for $15 off a $30+ purchase – use MAY15, expires June 30, 2016.
- A pink “shimmery gumball” per the ingredient card (a.k.a., the flip side of the promo-code card). No brand name, manufacturer, or country of origin provided. I hope it’s safe to eat.
And…that was it. It was missing Summer, which was part of my base box, as well as the Flower Power Trio add-on – all nail polishes because I was a sucker for the bright and shiny iridescent colors this month. I did contact Julep customer support, and though I’m a little irked that I’ve had shipment issues multiple times recently, to their credit, they were very courteous and prompt in shipping out the missing items to me. The missing loot should be here by next Friday, so I’ll continue with part 2 of my unboxing after they arrive!
(UPDATE 5/12/16: Part 2 is now up with the rest of my May 2016 box items!)
Disclosure: This post contains one or more referral links. I don’t expect you to use my referral links unless you want to, of course, and they don’t affect me giving my honest opinion. Referrals go toward products reviewed on this site – thanks!