My Julep Maven December 2015 Maven box arrived yesterday! I had enough Jules saved up to snag a free box this month (birthday present to myself! ;)), and I have to admit, Elsa had me pretty excited. More on that in a bit.
Here’s what was in my shipment this month:
The Eye Contact box had all four new “dial up your glam” (previously Orbital Eyeshadow) colors:
- Cosmos, “Moss Green with Gold Pearlescence,”
- Andromeda, “Fig with Chrome Pearlescence,”
- Luna, “White Gold with Gold Pearlescence,” and
- Eclipse, “Slate with Silver Pearlescence.”
Here they are, opened up (photographed in indoor warm-white LED lighting):
The colors look pretty, though as with Zenith in a previous box, sadly not as intense as they look in Julep’s marketing photos. That’s a bit disappointing, since that makes Andromeda and Luna, especially, pretty similar to other shadows I already own. Drat! Well, I’ll give them a try later on before passing judgment.
I also picked up three add-ons and received a freebie:
- “Chilled Bubbly” – a set with Elsa (“Snowdrift iridescent stardust”) and Judy (“Moonbeam iridescent chrome”), new this month,
- Brandy (“Steel grey with blue microglitter liquid holographic”), previously an exclusive new color from October’s Night Lights mystery box (woo, I wanted this one but didn’t get the mystery box!),
- Becky (“Oil slick duochrome silk”), from February’s Afterglow collection, and
- Katie (“Orchid iridescent chrome”), from last August’s Wanderlust collection, the freebie for picking up three or more add-ons.
I may have lukewarm feelings about Frozen, but Elsa is a beautiful polish. I’m a snow-loving December baby, and it singlehandedly decided whether I was getting a box this month. :] I was kind of afraid it wouldn’t apply like shown in Julep’s official swatch, but it did! Love the snow-flurry look – but more on that in my next swatch post.
The freebie this month was a Gilliam cinnamon-flavored stick candy. I’m not sure if Julep sent out other flavors, since my sister and I both got cinnamon. Fine by me, since I love cinnamon candy!
Everything was packaged in purple paper crinkles and wrapped in a glittery tissue paper. There was the usual new-product description card (with a horrible comma splice that I’ll not repeat here), but no quote card this month. Instead, the inside of the box was printed with “If you can put it on, you can pull it off. #bravepretty,” which seems like Julep’s new thing. The campaign doesn’t really strike a chord with me, but I guess it’s cool that they’re advocating acceptance and healthy self-esteem.
Anyway, onward to the promo codes!
- DECEMBER gets you a free color with a $10+ purchase, and
- DEC10 gets you $10 off an order of $20+
Did you get a Julep box this month, and if you did, which one? What did you think of this month’s products?
Disclosure: This post contains one or more referral links. I don’t expect you to use my referral links unless you want to, of course, and they don’t affect me giving my honest opinion. Referrals go toward products reviewed on this site – thanks!