New Year’s means Lupicia has their annual Happy Bags – a mystery bag of tea advertised to be worth double the price you pay – for sale again! This year, they had a $30 bag worth $60 and a $50 bag worth $100. I picked up the $50 bag at our local store, and this is what I got:
- Holiday 2014 Tea Bag Assortment (30 tea bags) – $32.00
- Jardin Sauvage, 10 tea bags – $7.50
- Strawberry & Vanilla, 10 tea bags – $7.50
- Elderflower & Chamomile, 10 tea bags – $8.50
- Cinnamon Chai, 10 tea bags – $7.50
- Oriental Beauty, 1.76 oz. (50g) loose leaf tea – $24.00, and
- Queen’s Muscat Oolong, 1.76 oz. (50g) loose leaf tea – $14.00
The total value of this bag came out to $89.00. Hmm. Maybe my bag was missing an item? It’s under the guaranteed $100 value by $11, which is about the price of a loose-leaf tea packet. I’ll probably go back to the store and check with them, just in case. It’s a nice selection of tea, though. I’ll update this post when I’ve gone back to the store to check if I got all the contents they intended.
(UPDATE 1/8/2015: I did go back to the store and double check with them, and I did get everything I was supposed to have. :] Thanks to reader Lana D. for sending me the correct link to the 50g loose leaf bag of Oriental Beauty – I corrected the list price from $12.00 to $24.00. That brings the total value of the bag to $101.00, not $89.00. :D)
Again, happy New Year!