Has it been a month already? Life’s been so busy that I can hardly keep track!
Anyway, time for another quickie unboxing post! Here’s my customized Julep December 2016 Maven box!
Teal paper crinkles, wine-colored tissue paper (though it doesn’t look it from the photo), and:
- Lock Down Your Brows Iconic Brow Gel ($22; website doesn’t list a Maven price, for some reason), “Clear-setting gel infused with brow-boosting peptides and nourishing Power Cell Complex™ that shapes and tames brows with a flexible, natural-looking hold,”
- Bree ($14 regular, $11.20 Maven), described as a “Golden Gardenia Multidimensional Glitter” (whoa, uh, I somehow got two, even though I actually only ordered one!), and
- Light on Your Lips Full-Coverage Creme Lipstick in Shimmy ($22; again, no Maven price listed) a sort of rusty, orangey red.
I’m still riding out those gel nails, so I haven’t painted my nails in a long time, but maybe I can try out Bree with last month’s Mercedes next. I had a hard time choosing out of Bree, Ginny, and Kristjana when I first saw the December 2016 reveal, and I’m still not sure I picked the right one of the three! Bree reminds me of those Maybelline Color Show Brocade polishes from 2013.
Other than the polishes, my choices this month are maybe a bit weird for me. My sister likes the brow gel, so I decided to give it a go, but my wiry brow hairs are adamant about sticking the way they want to stick, and the gel honestly didn’t seem to make any difference, even with extra coats. I like the brush, though. It’s spiraled like a shorter mascara brush, or a bottle brush, and is firm without being too scratchy. The gel itself hardly feels like anything.
Finally, I’m not typically one to wear lipstick because of skin sensitivity issues, but that just means that when I need to wear some, I can’t seem find any I can or would like to wear. I’ve, therefore, made a point of nabbing a lipstick here and there (when economically prudent ;P) to try out so I can figure out what works. I didn’t have an orangey one like Shimmy yet, so I’m going to give it a try!
Also in this box:
- Monthly collection intro & quote card: info on the new It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse colors (which I didn’t pick up) and a quote from socialite and fashion designer Lilly Pulitzer, “That’s what life is about: Let’s have a party. Let’s have it tonight.”
- Gilliam Green Apple Old Fashioned Candy Stick, this month’s freebie (yum), and
- Promo code card: free polish with $10+ purchase at Julep.com (use FREEDECEMBER, expires 1/31/17).
Oh, also, I love the Julep bird-and-stars print compact mirror I picked up during Black Friday. It’s really cute and happened to be free with a $30 purchase:
The chameleon eyeliner trio is pretty good, too. In that subtle Julep way, the liners look black but have a hidden shimmer (silver, gold, or violet are the shimmer colors in the trio) that’s visible (when the light hits just right) but not too flashy for work.😀
That’s it for now!